- Last Updated on 18 September 2013
- Hits: 2340
This department is made up of two divisions, namely: Cadastral division and Legal Survey Division. The Cadastral Division is made
This Division manages two labs, namely: CADGIS LAB and CARTO LAB.
Activities of Cadastral Division
· Production of Survey Plans (of FG landed properties);
· Scanning and vectorization+ of Survey Plans (in progress);
· Control extension of cadastral framework (2007);
· Conversion of item registers to digital format (in progress);
· Control extension project (2012) (only beaconing has been carried out); and
· Township mapping.
Products Available in Cadastral Division
1. Survey Plans for all Federal Government lands and properties (hardcopy and vector/digital formats) - hosted in CARTO LAB. The following survey plans are available:
* Plans for site and services;
* Plans for Shagari Low Cost Housing Schemes;
* Plans for Prototype Housing Schemes;
* Plans for Nigeria Port Authority (NPA) properties;
* Plans for clearing and forwarding;
* Plans for PHCN (office and residential);
* Plans for CBN properties;
* Plans for Private and Public Partnership (PPP) properties;
* Presidential Implementation Committee (PIC) Houses (As built) (in vector and hardcopy formats); and
* Files for each project (CARTO section).
2. Scanned copies of all the survey plans (domiciled in CADGIS lab).
3. Digitized (soft) copies of survey plans (in progress) – domiciled in CADGIS lab.
4. Cadastral Framework (National) Data (2007) (2nd order controls) – domiciled in CADGIS lab and DD (Cadastral) Office (in both hardcopy and softcopy). The softcopies are stored in CDs/External Hard-drives. The following are the components of the control data :
- 66 controls in each state of the Federation, but that of Akwa-Ibom and Delta were not submitted.
- Computation sheets
- Coordinate Register
- Description sheets of the controls (scanned and hardcopy)
5. Control Extension of Cadastral Framework Data (2012) - Beaconing
- 6 beacons in each of the NW states (with Kaduna having 7) except Jigawa (due to boundary issues).
- 6 beacons in each of the SW states except Lagos which has 7 beacons because it is a zonal headquarter).
NB: GPS observation is yet to be carried out.
6. Township maps (CAD GIS)
· Umuiah Township Maps (1:2,000) (100km2) – in progress.
· Akwa Township Maps (1:2,000) – (in progress) (100km2)
· Gusau Township Maps
7. Converted Item Register (in digital format) – in progress (domiciled in CADGIS lab).
8. HP PROLIANT SERVER FOR CADGIS Lab - the configuration:
1. HP Proliant DL 380 (window 2003 server) ; and 75 GB (6 slots) i.e. 75 GB * 6 (hard disk capacity);
2. HP Proliant ML 370GB server (window 2008 server); and
3. 300 GB hard disk (16 slots) but only 1 slot used.
NB: This is a brand new server that is still unused.
Legal Survey Division
This division handles land titling to obtain titling documents for all FG landed properties. The C of O Cadastral Unit works with Lands Department in the Federal Ministry of Lands, Housing and Urban Development.
Activities of Legal Survey Division
· Processing of C of O in conjunction with Lands Department;
· Processing of TDPs for beneficiaries of allocations;
· Alienation of all government properties;
Products available in Legal Survey Division
· Title Deed plans for all Federal Government Landed Properties; and
· C of O Documents for all FG landed properties