- Last Updated on 24 October 2014
- Hits: 50523
The Department of Planning research and Documentation is made up of two divisions viz, Policy and Planning and Research and Documentation Divisions. It is headed by an Acting Director assisted by two Deputy Directors, two assistant Directors and other officers.
The Planning Research and Documentation Department is the hub for the Office of the Surveyor General of the Federation. It coordinates all the activities of the Office, all the geospatial data in the Office domiciles in the database in this department. The functions and responsibilities of the Department are as follows:
- Preparation of the medium term sector strategy (MTSS).
- Preparation of rolling medium perspective plan(s).
- Formulating policies on surveying.
- Project monitoring and evaluation.
- Research into the internal organisation of the agency and its operational modalities.
- Research into the surveying sub-sector.
- Managing the agency’s record and data bank.
- Capital and recurrent procurement.
- Preparing of statutory annual, quarterly and other periodical reports as required of the office.