- Last Updated on 30 January 2015
- Hits: 2118
This Department is structured into four divisions – Mapping, Geo-information, Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing (PRS), and Printing
Activities of Mapping Division
- Production and revision of township maps for state capitals;
- Topographic mapping of Nigeria at scale 1:25,000; 1:50,000; 1:100,000; 1:125,000 ; 1:250,000 and 1: 500,000 series;
- Revision and updating of topographic maps at scale 1:50,000 and 1:100,000;
- Upgrading and maintenance of Litho/Digital machines;
- Digital conversion of 1:50,000 topo maps;
- Review of resource specifications for topographic mapping;
- Production and revision of National Atlas of Nigeria;
- Printing of maps for sale;
- Storage of maps via Map Depot; and
- Revision of Administrative Maps of Nigeria.
1.1.2 Deliverables/Available Products
- Township maps (at scale 1:2,000 ; 1:10,000)
- Katsina (1:2,000)
- Port-Harcourt (1:10,000)
- Yenagoa (1:2,000)
- Lafia (1:2,000)
- 1:50,000 Topographic maps (revised and updated)
- The list of the updated 1:50,000 topographic maps is attached to this
report as appendix 1.
- The project actually started in year 2007, and is 50% completed. The
country is covered with about 1,392 top sheets at scale 1:50,000.
- Topographic maps (1:100,000 and 1:125,000 series )
-The map update started in 2009, and Kaduna (sheet 123), Abuja (sheet
186), P.H (sheet 329), Benin City, Nsuka, Markurdi (sheet 251) and
some others have been completed.
- Topographic maps (1:25,000)
- The project started in 2007. The country is covered by about 5, 568 topo
sheets at scale 1:25,000.
-The list of updated 1:25,000 topo maps is attached as appendix 1.
- Road Map of Nigeria
- Updated Road Map of Nigeria (11th Edition), but in quadrants) at 1:1,000,000.
- Updated Road Map of Nigeria (12th Edition) at scale 1:1,000,000.
- Administrative Map of Nigeria
- Updated Admin Map of Nigeria (11th Edition) at scale 1:1,000,000.
- Updated Admin Map of Nigeria (12th Edition) at scale 1:1,000,000.
- State Administrative Maps (a project executed in collaboration with states).
- State admin maps and FCT (available in scanned copies)
- State Admin Map for Bayelsa and Cross River (available in digital format/ vector format).
- Thematic Maps
- National Atlas of Nigeria (2nd Edition, 1978).
- FCT Atlas (2012)
- Production of tactical pilotage chart for the National College of Aviation Technology, Zaria.
- Gazetteer of Place Names (in digital/ hardcopy format).
- Index maps (1:25,000 ; 1:50,000 and 1:100,000).
- Converted 1:50,000 topo maps (in AutoCAD format).
- North East – carried out by Delta Systematics (a Contractor)
- North West – carried out by Map Data Services.
- South East – carried out by Niger Surveys.
- South West – carried out by Unilag Consult.
- Scanned Topo Maps (from Lagos Archive) in both RGB and BW color mode, available at the following scales:
- Maps at other scales
- at scale 1:12,500
- Maps for Inter-state boundary projects etc.
(i) Formulating policies on geospatial and Attribute Database Management
(ii) Scanning and printing of maps for the Federal Government
(iii) Acquisition of aerial photography and satellite imageries
(iv) Producing and marketing of street guides for the Federal Government and on request from state governments
(v) Establishing continuously operational reference stations in major cities for African Geodetic Reference Frame (AFREF) programme(s)
(vi) Responsibility for the use of photogrammetric process in mapping for the Federal Government
(vii) Conducting remote sensing mapping for the Federation
(viii) Providing all geo-spatial information for the country
(ix) Responsible for digital mapping and establishment of geospatial data infrastructure
(x) Preparation of specifications for mapping at various scales