- Last Updated on 24 June 2016
- Hits: 745
Surveyor George TAKERHI
Surveyor George Takerhi was the former Director of Cadastral Survey.
In his current position as Director Mapping, he oversees the activities listed hereunder:
- Topographical Mapping of Nigeria at Scale 1:25,000 in Digital Format;
- Revision of 1:50,000 and 1:100,000 Map series and production in Digital Format;
- Production of the National Atlas in Digital Format;
- Production of Digital Street Guide Maps of States’ Capitals;
- Printing for Sale of Maps to Public user;
- Acquisition of High resolution Satellite Imageries for Mapping;
- Representing the office at the ECOWAS Geospatial Data Infrastructure(EGDI) Committee for Early Warning.
His educational qualifications and professional membership include:
B.Sc. (Hons), Land Surveying;
Registered as a surveyor with SURCON;
Member of the Nigerian Institution of Surveyors (mnis).
The Mapping Department he oversees is the production hub of one of the main statutory functions of the office of the Surveyor General of the Federation:-
- putting together the activities of the Office (Cartography) and displaying it in a Map at various scales. It is these Maps that showcase the Office of the Surveyor General of the Federation to the General public.