- Last Updated on 18 March 2016
- Hits: 936
Barde Jatau was appointed the Director of Geodesy and Survey Department in the Office of the Surveyor General of the Federal (OSGOF) in March, 2013. Prior to his appointment, he was Director Boundaries.
He also served at Federal Capital Development Authority (FCDA), Abuja as Deputy Director Surveys, where he pioneered the establishment of Abuja Geographic Information System (AGIS) as member of the implementation Task force.
As the Director Geodesy and Special Survey, his responsibility are but not limited to the following:
- Geodetic surveys
- Geomagnetic and gravity surveys for the country
- Preparation of action programme(s) for control extension, maintenance of beacons, geographic names of places and field data acquisition
- Right of Way surveys for prevention and control of encroachment on Federal highways, railway lines, power transmission and pipelines
- Geo-technical and topographic surveys
- Hydrographical surveys including bathymetric surveys for the Federal Government
- Tidal measurement for the country
Barde Jatau studied at the Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria; ITC, Enscede, Holland and Galilee College, Where he was awarded a B.Sc. in Land Surveying: Post Graduate Diploma in Land Information System (LIS); M.Sc. in Geographic Information System (GIS) and Certificate in Urban Economy and development respectively. He is a member of a number of professional associations, Key amongst them are:
- Fellow of Nigerian Institution of Surveyors (NIS)
- Registered with Surveyors Council of Nigeria (SURCON)
- He had also served as member on various Ad-hoc Committees:
- Joint Technical Team (JTT) (Boundaries) Nigeria/Neighbouring Countries
- Joint Meeting of Officials (JMO) (Boundaries) Nigeria/Neighbouring Countries
- Governing Board National Geological Survey Agency, Abuja.
- Examiner, Surveyors' Council of Nigeria.
- Federal Capital Territory (FCT)Physical Planning & Implementation management Committee
- Nigeria Atomic Energy Commission Site Evaluation Project Team.
- Ministerial Committee to Investigate the Illegal Sale of Land by the Traditional Rulers and other in FCT
- AFREF Implementation Steering Committee.
Mr. Barde Jatau served as the Conference Director for 2013 International Federation of Surveyors (FIG) working week in Abuja, Nigeria.